Below are maps of California showing populations that are vulnerable to heat.
- Map A: Less than five years of age
- Map B: Aged 65 and over
- Map C: Aged 65 and over living in a nursing home
- Map D: Aged 65 and over living alone
- Map E: Income below the poverty line
- Map F: Air conditioner ownership
To learn more about heat-related illness, see Heat and Our Health. To learn more about the state’s heat emergency plan, see the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services Contingency Plan for Excessive Heat Emergencies.
MAP A: POPULATION LESS THAN FIVE YEARS OF AGE
MAP B: POPULATION AGED 65 AND OVER
MAP C: POPULATION AGED 65 AND OVER LIVING IN A NURSING HOME
MAP D: POPULATION AGED 65 AND OVER LIVING ALONE
MAP E: POPULATION WITH INCOME BELOW THE POVERTY LINE
MAP F: AIR CONDITIONER OWNERSHIP